You have been waiting for just the right time to start an internet based business. Now is the time! Opportunities are opening up every day for the building of online-based businesses. If you have been hesitant for one reason or another, hesitate no longer. But be wary and use wisdom as you begin your journey.
Starting your own internet business
As you contemplate starting your internet business, there are a few things to consider. The first thing is to know that there are a great number of promotions out there that will promise you the moon and will take your money and give you garbage in return. So, it behooves you to exercise great wisdom in choosing which avenue you will use to build your internet business.
A few points to consider as you search for just the right program for you are listed below:
- Probably the first thing to be wary of is if they promise you that you will “get-rich-quick”. There is no known internet business that has made anyone rich overnight. Not even the scams. So, If they promise you will make a lot of money fast, go ahead and mark them off your list.
- If they ask for a large sum of money up front, be wary. There is not any one program that is worth thousands of dollars at the beginning of the program. If their program is a worthwhile program they will take their payments in smaller increments.
- Do not join a program that insists that you sign online legal documents after you have given them money. Signing these documents may negate your being able to get your money back.
- Be suspicious of programs that promote that they are selling you $2000 worth of product for only $97, or something like that. The chances are the product is not even worth the $97.
- Be wary of programs that get you in the door with a low price and then begin to add on more and more to the program. Some programs get you in the door with cheap products and then more and more telling you that you cannot succeed the way you wish without the add-ons.
- Consider only products that will give you a truly free trial. That trial may be a 30 day or even up to 90-day free trial. But they will usually ask you to register a credit card in case you decide to join permanently. Some actually charge you for the trial period but if you decide not to continue they refund your money. Sometimes that can be a hassle. Not always, though.
- If a program does not have an extensive teaching catalog or a 24-hour support system, you might consider putting them on the bottom of the list. A large knowledge base is going to be of great benefit to you as you grow your online business. And you will have hundreds of questions as you build your business. Good support is a must.
- Consider how long the program has been functioning. Just because a program is new does not mean that it will not work for you, but a program that has been established and has an extensive catalog of knowledge and support tools with thousands of people who have used it and are using it can be a sign of a program that will help you achieve your goals.
- When considering the program for you make sure that it takes you where you are in your understanding of building your business and then grows you at a pace which works for you.
- The program you choose should be clear in what the costs are and how much the costs are and how payments will be made. You should also know clearly what you are getting for your investment. Things to know are; how many payments will there be; what are the payment amounts; are there any discounts; can I get out of the program if I wish. It is worth your while to ask as many questions as you deem necessary.
Type of internet business
You may already have an idea of the type of business you may wish to start on the internet. If so, that is great! But if you are not sure, then the program you choose should allow you to build your online website to fit your business. There are many and varying types of online business. There are websites that are products stores in which they focus on certain product niches and promote those products. These may vary from all-terrain vehicles to guitar pics. The products you choose will depend on what your interests are.
Other folks take the route of online auctions such as Ebay and Bonanza or Etsy and the like. All of these are viable online businesses and thousands of people are making good money off their website business. I have tried these and have made some money, but to make big money requires that you put in a lot of time. If you have the time, then this may be the direction you choose. The program you choose to build your website business should be able to help you and instruct you in the building of your site and online business. If you have lots of money you can pay someone else to build your website. But then you must pay them to maintain it if you do not have the knowledge to do so. It would be better if you know how to build and maintain your own site. The program you choose should enable you to do that.
Other types of internet business
Under other types of internet businesses, I group those which are called Affiliate Marketers. Some people label this type of online business as a passive income business. That is probably a misnomer. To apply the term “passive” would imply that you do nothing to earn the income. That is not true. The facts are that you do have to do some active work in building your website and setting up affiliations with merchants and directing customers to the merchant’s products. It is true that once set up and put into motion it will generate an income without your active interaction in the process.
That is why Affiliate Marketing is one of the favorite forms of internet businesses today. For you to be successful you must choose an area(a niche) that you have an interest in or a passion for, and then build a website around that passion or interest. You will attract people to your website by writing blogs(articles) of interest and by getting your blog’s website ranked on a Search Engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo. By getting a high ranking more people will be made aware of your website and blog and will come to your site. Through visiting your site they will see products of merchants with which you are affiliated and if they click on that product they will be taken to the merchant’s website where they may purchase any of the products of that merchant. If they do make a purchase, you will receive a percentage for bringing that customer to the merchant. You do not have to do any interacting with the process. In that sense you are passive. You will receive from that merchant the commissions that you make on all sales generated through your website.
The best product for you to start your own internet based business is one that is called Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate meets all the criteria for a reputable internet program.
- Offers you a completely free trial. You do not have to register a credit card. You do not have to join within a certain time period or lose your free membership.
- With a completely free membership, you will have access to 10 comprehensive lessons from their library of now thousands of lessons that will teach you how to build your own website.
- You will receive completely free two websites to build your business on. You will set up your site and launch it through their free hosting at siterubix.com
- There is no time limit to the length of your free membership. At any point you choose you may convert to a Premium membership or if you choose not to, you may keep the Free membership for life.
- If you choose to join the Premium membership, you will be charged $49 a month. If you have done any research on prices you are aware that this is a great price. To get all the products, tools, support and instructions available through the Wealthy Affiliate program would cost you hundreds of dollars a month if purchased separately.
- JOIN NOW!
- You will always have the choice of stopping your membership in Wealthy Affiliate if you choose to do so. However, you may keep your free membership and the two free websites and hosting.
Let me give you a chart to show you what you will get as a member of Wealthy Affiliate.
If you are really serious about starting an internet-based business, here is your opportunity. Wealthy Affiliate can be your first step toward building a successful business online.
I look forward to congratulating you as you begin your internet business journey.